In lieu of actual content this morning, here are a few nuggets to whet your whistles, you perverts.
- Jane Novak has now been tagged with the horrible moniker of “docile pupil of a monkey monk” by the Yemen Times. That’s what Jane gets for questioning the all-powerful Yemeni islamofascist government. Read her entire post for more background of how she has become an enemy of the Yemeni powers-that-be. KUDOS JANE!
- Dr. Shackleford has the tale of an American (and former hostage) who has now been indicted on charges of helping with the abduction of three Romanian journalists in Iraq. Bizarre story and well worth reading.
- Half-man Michael Crook, of forsake-the-troops infamy, got suckered into an online relationship with a guy posing as a saucy young trollop. He provides a hilarious transcript (with screenshots to prove it!) here. Warning: some adult content and plenty of foul language – do not proceed if under 18. Tip o’ the hat to Eric at Vince Aut Morire.
- Rob at Say Anything is starting to realize that the filibuster agreement that so many GOP sycophants tried to sugarcoat last week is probably a bad idea after all.
- Matthew at South End Grounds has a couple of good posts regarding Tennessee’s legislative follies: John Ford’s orange jumpsuit and John Wilder’s senile ravings.
- LGF brings us the story of former Steely Dan and Doobie Brothers guitarist “Skunk” Baxter who is now a defense/counter-terrorism consultant. Now there’s a rock-star worth listening to. (Via Ace)
Speaking of rock, Garfield Ridge brings us the story of an improv group who set up on the rooftop of a building across from Madison Square Garden in NYC, dressed as U2, performing a few U2 songs. Read the whole thing to find out how they turned a regular-old Korean-American into the Edge.
Ladies and gentlemen, this is the Edge…